Friday 21 April 2017

Anybody else doing an everyday project?

I'd love people to discuss and share their everydays here if they are doing them.

I started doing one about 1 month ago - mine is not specifically design, as the intention of my everyday was to improve my digital/3D motion graphics, while refining my digital workflow and overall visual aesthetic. I wont link anything in this post, but will leave a comment in this thread as I don't want to break the no advertising rule; the intention of this thread is a discussion.

Regarding everydays, I highly recommend this sort of project to anybody who wants to expand creatively in their existing media, or to learn a new media entirely. Some of my everydays are dedicated to learning new tools in the software, and some allow me to test things and learn techniques I've always wanted to learn.

In addition, I feel it is a great way to work on generating and executing ideas extremely rapidly. At first my everydays would take ages of literally thinking of what to do, or just aimlessly bumbling around in software, but now I'm producing something in about 30 minutes - it doesn't even feel like a daily chore at this point, just a fun excuse to make something new. Needless to say working fast and generating ideas quickly is an important skill. I also feel as though one of my core goals has already been achieved - my aesthetic is more defined and my workflow more polished now overall.

If you want to do your own everydays, I'd recommend making sure you are ready to commit to it; the most important thing to remember is discipline. There can be no concept of missing a day, otherwise you're letting yourself and the project down. I had my four wisdom teeth out last week, and have had a fairly bumpy recovery so far - but even this has not prevented me from producing everydays, even on surgery day itself (admittedly that one was extremely weak visually). I can't wait to look back on my library of weird animations in the future - and perhaps I can even start applying them to other projects in the future. It's a fun long term project to do. You don't have to do something digital - a drawing everyday maybe, a layout, a photograph, a typographical arrangement. Anything. There's a lot of people doing everyday projects that you can get inspiration from - beeple inspired me to start mine.

Anyone else working on an everyday? Leave a link for us to see your work, and if not, give it a go for a month and see if it's for you!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 22, 2017 at 05:30AM by SyntheticEverything http://ift.tt/2p5Fd28

No comments:

Post a Comment