Tuesday 25 April 2017

Why Wacom?

Sorry for yet another "which graphic tablet to buy" post but I'm researching budget tablets (applying for design school but broke af, hence the budget) and am not really satisfied with the recommendations I found in older posts here. Please point me in the right direction should I have overlooked a sticky, wiki or sub for this topic.

Anyways, I get that Wacom is the industry standard and high-end $1000+ Wacoms are the best but in the sub $200 price range, they seem way overpriced to me. Why get a small Intuos or Bamboo when I can get a larger e.g. Huion or X-Pen with

  • double the resolution

  • double the pressure sensitivity

  • and more keys

for the same or less money? I'm specifically looking at the Huion New 1060 Plus. Basically already decided to buy it, unless you guys can convince me not to.

So why do you guys still recommend low-end Wacoms over semi-pro [insert other brand name]? Is there a specific reason? Are they more comfortable to use even with lower specs? Is it the software? The multi-touch capability? Just the name? I never tried any tablets so I'm lacking the experience, that's why I'm asking you guys. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Why the instant downvote? This is an honest question. Just trying to get answers I couldn't find after hours of research.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 25, 2017 at 08:22AM by LizMixsMoker http://ift.tt/2or8oh8

No comments:

Post a Comment