Tuesday 25 April 2017

How do you trade your designs without beeing told "i don't want to get scammed"? Im just tired of beeing treated like a shit as a Designer who is working hard to make his customers happy.

This is how i trade my Designs (im just offering some on my free time on forums etc)

Before i even start with the design i tell them that this is the way im doing the trades:

  • He sends me a trade request.

  • I show him the Design they wanted with my watermark (assuring i actualy did finish it and its how he wanted it)

  • He sends me the money.

  • I give him the Design without any watermarks.

Now my problem is that some people accuse me that i might scam them if they go first. How is that even possible when they have just seen the finished work? Why would i waste hours to finish something and not give it to them in the end? Then they either tell me that they won't trade me at all or that i have to go first.

So far there have been no real problems (luckily). But how do you deal with people resisting or suddenly changing the trade? The work is done, they just changed the terms (there is no contract or something, its just skype chat etc.) and im stuck between going first and risking not seeing any money or not not trading at all which sucks after i already finished the design that im not stuck with and would have no use for.

Im just tired of beeing treated like shit. How can someone like me, who sells designs as a hobby on the side, assure that people don't pull that shit on me anymore? Are there simple copy/paste contracts that have some legal basis to back me up? How do YOU handle hard customers and how/when do you talk about money. Maybe you can go through your whole process from start to end with how you handle your customers and designs.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 25, 2017 at 10:26PM by Fish_Grillson http://ift.tt/2qc0dBR

No comments:

Post a Comment