Sunday 8 October 2017

Need help choosing my next laptop!

Hi r/Design, I thought that you all would be the most helpful. I have been researching laptops & hoping to upgrade -- currently I have a 2008 Macbook Pro that I put 8gb ram & a 480gb SSD in. I run OS 10.11 & am able to run Photoshop CC, Lightroom, etc and in general do the work I need to, but I am tired of having to close everything but Photoshop if I want to use my tablet to draw, and it takes absolutely HOURS for Premier Pro to do what I want it to do, which has kept me from being able to meet personal & professional goals in video editing.

I am primarily an artist, but I do a LOT of graphic design work both for my own brand (visual art, wine & paint classes, jewelry, Etsy, etc) for my parent's organic farm business, and for my job at an arts education nonprofit.

I initially was ready to leave the world of Apple & go for a more affordable but seemingly still robust enough Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW-US71 but I have been reading and watching reviews & saw a review that the display did not have a deep enough black and that it was not recommended for graphics professionals because it does not accurately display color. Is there a good Windows laptop with the specs I need (SSD, 16gb ram+, etc) or should I finance a newer Macbook? (laptop is key for me because I need to work in different locations often.)

Thank you in advance!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 08, 2017 at 07:14AM by meheeeen http://ift.tt/2y4s1gJ

No comments:

Post a Comment