Thursday 12 July 2018

Looking for a specific graphic about grayscale in character / background design

I found a particular helpful graphic once and now can't find it again. It was a very simple series of boxes with a basic human shape inside each one, and each box showed a different combination of gray, white and black. In one box the head would be black, the body white and the background gray. In the next the head is gray, the background black and the body white. It had every variation of this. The point was to demonstrate how good use of values creates visual contrast and keeps images from getting muddy.

I'd love to find it again - and I think there was a companion graphic involving environments - but google images has failed me.

Maybe one of you has seen it? Let me know thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 12, 2018 at 10:56AM by LeJavier https://ift.tt/2L7EKYG

No comments:

Post a Comment