Friday 18 September 2015

Client & Responsive Design - Help!

So I'm doing a website design/development for a client, but the responsiveness is being a ballache. Essentially the first page has a large background image, and ofcourse I understand that unless massively extensive foundations were developed, no image is going to be 10/10 spot on across the board.

But saying this, I have ran through and tested numerous devices (both physically and via Developer), worked with different media queries and stuff, even followed extra ones just to cover my tracks, but this is the ballache I am currently dealing with:

Said client has expressed the background image isn't aligning properly on his device, so I asked what device it was, he responds "Not sure, it's some unbranded device I got free with my phone contract" - Great, good job there pal, thanks. He then emails an hour or so later saying It's a HARRIET Tablet. So I respond "Do you by any chance mean - Harrier." Ofcourse this is the device. Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have found zero documentation on virtual ratios/pixels for this device to apply to a media query, and quite frankly even if I did I have no way of testing it without emailing saying "check now" over and over and ultimately it feels like a huge amount of additional work now for an anomaly device?

Is it out of order to say responsive development only runs with Industry standard devices or something like that?

Am I being wrong by thinking that it's excessive work? Also how would you deal with this / respond to his comment?

I don't know, right now it's beginning to string out and he's not well... one of the brightest of people... so stuff is really painful to explain to him :/ there's been numerous stuff that I've explained isn't physically possible & I don't want it to seem like I'm "fobbing him off" - so any advice and/or supporting links/documentation would be great!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted September 18, 2015 at 01:26PM by noodles-and-doodles http://ift.tt/1Mva8uV

No comments:

Post a Comment