Monday 28 September 2015

What free curriculum can I use to be the best me (web developer) I can be.

TLDR: What should I know and where can I learn it to be a decent web designer whose prepared for anything.

Sorry if I can't get my point across. I am an aspiring freelancer and college sophmore. I want to use my programming skills to get spending/hardware money. I know basic CSS/HTML/Javascript/Wordpress and have my own Linode and S3 account. Are there any books, post or videos that you experienced web developers wish you came across when you first started. Specifically, any info on designing websites. I can slap info on a page and make it look meh, but I want to know how to place content to be pleasing to the user/customer. How much should a near first timer charge? Any tips for driving a sale? Do you know of any software/libraries that will make our lives easier. Do you host. What do I say when someone ask me what I do better that Wix or Squarespace? Payment plans? If anybody has any knowledge to drop for the rookies this is where to put it. I don't just want this post to help me, but also everybody who will be in my position.

Heres a site I recently made with Wordpress and my own code. I know its got issues but the customer was more than satisfied. http://ift.tt/1wM2jdC

My own tip: If you are a newbie like me and don't know abut cloud editing check out codeanywhere.com. You can make an account that ftp's to your server allowing you to edit your website on any computers browser.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted September 29, 2015 at 02:50AM by UltimateHughes http://ift.tt/1iGw1dG

No comments:

Post a Comment