Tuesday 29 March 2016

A Question About Web Design & Copyright

I lead a web design team at a small start up and one of my designer's has just submitted a PDF mock up that looks EXACTLY like airbnb.com. I'm going to get the design revised, mostly because I'm not comfortable moving forward with a copycat design, but it's made me think twice about the legality of copying the look and feel of a site. I tried doing some google searches but it seems to be a pretty grey area. If I were to build out the design, my code wouldn't be the same as used on the Airbnb so therefore it wouldn't technically be stolen, just "inspired" by. Anyone have any experience with this? How far is too far when it comes to inspiration?



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted March 30, 2016 at 01:33AM by voluntaryginger http://ift.tt/1WWbmks

No comments:

Post a Comment