Tuesday 9 August 2016

Question for Professional Graphic Designers about getting paid

I am a new graphic designer, and I just started working with one of my first paid clients. We agreed on a price per hour, however the client is short on cash and he initially thought the project would only take 2-3 hours.

After many back and forths and 10+ revisions we're finally getting close. I actually spent close to 6 hours working on it it total, however I feel that it partly because I am not an expert (and probably not going at the speeds professional designers are going at). I feel like after I give him the total price reflecting how many hours I actually put into it, my client will freak out.

My question is: Do I scale back my pricing because I spent more time on it than a skilled professional would? Do I lie about the hours I spent on it?

I don't want him to feel like i'm trying to take advantage of keeping track of my own hours. Any thoughts form this community would help me out. Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 10, 2016 at 07:14AM by JayKneeGrow http://ift.tt/2bi5L7D

No comments:

Post a Comment