Friday 14 April 2017

How do I duplicate, resize and rotate an object around a circle?

In Illustrator...

So I know how to rotate an object around a specific point (like you would do to create ticks on a clock), I would create object, select the rotate tool and then alt click the center of the circle to transform and then Ctrl+D.

And I know how to duplicate an object and have it scale to a different size with every duplication in a straight or even random line. I would create object and then use transform each and adjust the Scale and Move settings.

BUT, how do I do these two things at once? I tried doing Transform each and then messing with the "Move" slider, but I want something perfect and scientific like when I create the ticks on a clock (setting angle to 360/12) versus guessing how many points horizontally and vertically.

Does this exist? For instance, I want to make ticks around a clock but I want each tick to get a certain percentage thinner with each duplication.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 15, 2017 at 03:59AM by WhirlwindofWit http://ift.tt/2owfgqj

No comments:

Post a Comment