Wednesday 12 April 2017

I don't think the word "clean" means what you think it means.

In the past couple of years - really since most UI's started going flat - the request that every single client I've worked with for web design is that they want it to look "clean". I get what that means for the most part. That word has obviously already kind of lost it's meaning to me as many of these sites were ultimately not really clean, but I've come to kind of understand that the modern client usually just means flat design when they say that.

I found out today that that word has really evolved for some people. While re-doing someone's early 2000's logo with all the works you would expect from a web logo at that time, I updated it to look like it fit in in the year 2017.

Well, they had me add back in the Photoshop-default outline stroke, metallic texture, 3D effect, drop shadow, and gradients, and said, I quote, "I think that'll make it look real clean."

I don't know what to make of that.

Not looking for advice, just sharing a story :).



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 12, 2017 at 08:17PM by mrmonkey3319 http://ift.tt/2o7die3

No comments:

Post a Comment