Thursday 13 April 2017

What to do to secure a job in UX as a high school student?

I'm in 11 grader, I'm behind in credits because I went to a STEM school. Freshmen year I failed physics I never did my homework. Sophomore year I failed all my classes save for engineering which I passed with an A.

I failed my classes because I hated the students and teachers and their better-than-thou personalities. And I'm also more of a hands-on learner, which is partly why I passed engineering so much better.

I made up almost all my credits in summer school just fine, and in my new school I'm doing great.

I've been wanting to get into machining/engineering (prototyping) or UX design. But obviously we have none of those courses in my school. But taking online is an option so I want to know if there are any UX design classes out there. And if there aren't, I would still like to know how I can start projects to showcase how I work on UX .

I know that (especially in the world of UX) companies tend to notice that college degrees do not equal wisdom in that subject. So I would like to avoid colleges as a post-secondary education as it takes too much of my time (through having to take unrelated courses and just the overwhelming minimum of 2 years) and too much of my money.

I already know HTML/CSS/JS profeciently and a bit of Ruby. I also know how to maintain a website, in fact I bought a domain for school projects because it's super easy to make a website that looks like I put a lot of effort into it when it really only took 30 minutes at most.

But I'm actually more interested in designing physical products than websites, there's just something alluring about making my own products.

TL;DR- Are there online courses that offer UX design for highschool credit, and if not where can I go to improve my UX skills? What's the best path post highschool?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 13, 2017 at 11:18PM by acorneyes http://ift.tt/2pz1F0S

No comments:

Post a Comment