Tuesday 3 October 2017

Adobe Programs - I Need Your Help/Advice

Hey fam, I hope you’re all well.

I need your advice regarding Adobe programs. I appreciate any help, thank you in advance for reading this post.

I currently have the full Adobe Suite CS6 version, which I bought back in 2013 or 2014 for when I was finishing VCE in years 11 and 12 in high school, and beyond (for University, work etc.).

I use mostly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, in fact they’re really the only programs I use at the moment.

I’m not at university anymore, but I do the odd graphic design job here and there, for either myself or friends and family who need something done for their business' etc. However I’m getting more into the graphic design side of things, as well as more recently, photography and editing. I would really like to start using Lightroom, but it’s not part of the CS6 suite that I currently have. I’ve done a bit of research and I can either purchase the Creative Cloud Suite for a monthly subscription, or I could purchase Lightroom outright on its own.

So my question is, what do you think would be the best option? The CS6 programs no longer get any updates, so I’m thinking that eventually I will need to upgrade to Creative Cloud, at A$72.59 per month, which is really quite expensive, especially as it is currently still only a hobby for me. Or my other option is to purchase a full license for Lightroom at A$216.58, which would not ever be updated in the future, unless I choose to purchase any additional updates.

What do you think I should do? Any advice is much appreciated!

If you need clarification on anything I’ve said, please ask. I tried to write as concise as possible, so I’m sorry if something doesn’t make sense!

Oh and by the way, I’m in Australia, so prices are in the Australian Dollar.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 03, 2017 at 09:22AM by nicholasgunther http://ift.tt/2xMVIVR

No comments:

Post a Comment