Tuesday 3 October 2017

Should I code my portfolio?

Should I write my own website for portfolio (CSS, HTML, JavaScript (jQuery)), or use a CMS?

I was thinking of doing it myself. Because I'm interested in coding. My plan was to first get a style guide and all, so I'm following a visual design class. Then I want to make sure the interaction is okay, so I'm following an interaction class. Then I want to write it, so I'm following a prototyping/coding class. But I was wondering whether it's valuable for someone who's reading my portfolio, to notice it has been coded 'by hand'. Since coding and all is something I'm quite interested in, to also work in the field of front end.

I do like interaction and experience design as well, visual I do enjoy, though I wouldn't want to specialize in it.

An argument for coding it myself, is that the portfolio itself would be a portfolio piece (The only problem is that this isn't obvious to everyone). The argument against, is that if I use a CMS, I'd have a lot more time focusing on projects instead.

What do you think? Would an employer care at all?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 03, 2017 at 09:48AM by xynaxia http://ift.tt/2xQwDa7

No comments:

Post a Comment