Wednesday 4 October 2017

I hire freelance designers where I work, and I want to be able to communicate what we need better

I work at a small start-up that creates emojis for different athletes, brands, and celebrities. Being bootstrapped, we high freelance designers to do projects since we can't afford someone on a full time salary.

I have some regulars I use quite often, but things constantly go through multiple iterations before we get something correct to a point where its slowing productivity.

We just signed a big athlete in the U.K. to create an emoji keyboard and custom emojis for him, however we have spent nearly a month just trying to get the face down. After this, we're going to have to create 40 different versions of his face which I fear at this rate will take a year.

What can I do better to communicate our needs to our designers? Should I prepare a style guide? How do I express what we want to do thematically?

Basically, what should I give to you so your work is easier, the results are better, and we're all happier and less frustrated.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 04, 2017 at 07:05PM by fateofmorality http://ift.tt/2fQI2Cg

No comments:

Post a Comment