Friday 19 May 2017

Am I shooting myself in the foot working 'alone' early out of university?

I started working for a friend's father on a start-up web business soon after finishing university last year. I am currently the only creative in a small team of people working on the startup and am responsible for practically anything to do with the branding, website (hosted through wordpress), and other small bits and pieces of creative work (which is quickly moving towards UX and testing.

I've been wondering recently if I'm shooting myself in the foot here in the long run by not having any interaction with other designers working on the project. I try my best to stay up to date with trends and changes in the field, and am picking up what I can about facets of design to help myself and the startup grow.

If anyone has been in a similar situation I'd love to hear about any other experiences people may have, general thoughts or tips for continuing my growth as I continue to work 'alone'.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 19, 2017 at 07:31AM by UGhillie http://ift.tt/2rxKYo0

No comments:

Post a Comment