Tuesday 30 May 2017

Question on choosing the right screen size.

TL;DR Editorial designer and illustrator can't choose between 27" and 21.5" iMac after working with laptop screens for almost ten years, wondering what's the best size and the best computer for the work I do.

Hello, guys!

I'm an editorial designer and illustrator and I currently work with a 7yearold Macbook Pro, which isn't just old but also too small to comfortably work in.

For the first time ever I'm buying a new computer and I can't choose between the 21.5" and 27" iMac.

Basically, the 27" looks gigantic to me (probably due to being used to work with small screens). My brother and SIL are editorial designers as well and they recently purchased 27" iMacs, they say it's the perfect size for working with books and are very happy with their computers (my SIL upgraded from a 21.5").

Due to Hot Sale both computers are currently at a great price. The project I'm working on is well-paid so I can afford the bigger computer and I think it's a good investment.

Of course the 27" also has better features and I really like it but my main doubt is size.

Do you think 21.5" is good or 27" would be better? Are there other options I should consider?

Feel free to share your experiences.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 30, 2017 at 03:54PM by RockysTurtle http://ift.tt/2sam4er

No comments:

Post a Comment