Wednesday 17 May 2017

Any tips for printing code on a poster?

Hello people,

I have thought of a small project for some stylish (in my opinion) decorations of my flat: I want to print a bit of code of the Linux kernel and hang it as posters. Therefore, I could use some ideas and general guideline of you guys.

The length of code is roughly 10k lines and they are mostly less then 80 characters. I planned to do a landscape oriented poster and use three columns. The size of the poster will be at least A3 (11.69 x 16.53 inches), most likely larger. I will have some header for the title and a small description. I have not yet decided if I want to use color or if grayscale would be sufficient/better looking. However, I want to have some parts of the code like different modules highlighted for example with different background. There are less than 10 different modules and I could also just alternate between to highlight styles. I will use a monospaced font, but I haven't looked into what type specifically.

I am a bit concerned about the density of the content. Some parts contain of a bunch of short lines, so a lot of whitespace will be generated.

Here is a basic example of what I have in mind: http://ift.tt/2qt1vvG

In general, it should be as readable as possible (from some short distance) but look as stylish as possible from far away.

Did anyone print code in such a way and has special tips for me? Thanks.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 17, 2017 at 06:02PM by bwalk http://ift.tt/2rrtXeo

No comments:

Post a Comment