Friday 26 May 2017

Question about graduate school

First off I apologize if this is the wrong subreddit to ask this question but I couldn't find a better place to post it. So I am a year out of my undergraduate degree, I a majored in Electrical Engineering, and after spending some time working at an EE firm I decided it isnt the path I want to go down. So after doing some soul searching I realized that a career blending technology and design is more along the lines of what I want to do. Right now I am looking at two graduate programs in NYC, I live here and don't want to leave the city, and would love some advice from people who may have gone through them or know people who have. The first program is an MFA in Design and Technology at Parsons and the second program is an MS in Integrated Digital Media at NYU. Both seem to be similar with the Parsons program being more studio focused. My main questions are how an MS is viewed in comparison to an MFA in the tech industry and how whether one limits potential job opportunities. Also if anyone has gone through either program I would love to hear your thoughts on it.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 26, 2017 at 06:29PM by morganbm123 http://ift.tt/2qjXVFk

No comments:

Post a Comment