Thursday 25 May 2017

Teaching and Assessing Kids' Design Skills/Knowledge

I will be creating projects with a smaller group of older teens who have very little to no design experience with design. The idea for the long-term program is create print, web and video campaigns for a few public services/events around town. As I was informed, some of these kids have a little design experience in their background - but apparently not much. Before I jumped into the program and bang out a bunch of videos and billboards, I came up with the idea of conducting a session (maybe a couple of sessions) to assess their knowledge and skills in various Adobe CC programs, iMovie, printing, and so on.

Being that these are older teens, I am now trying to find a relatively interesting way to teach them the basics of putting a video together to promote an event. I don't know if standing up and teaching a formal "follow along with me" class is very interesting at all. I thought of choose your own adventure type of video class where I have the kids pick a beginning, middle and end scene, music, effects, etc. as we go along and show them the basics that way. But is that too much for a couple hours of "class time?"

Does anyone have experience in an informal class or workshop environment like this?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 25, 2017 at 03:23PM by DaveyJonas http://ift.tt/2r0BJPy

No comments:

Post a Comment