Wednesday 6 September 2017

Company stole my design for part of their email promotion, how much can I charge them?

So yesterday I'm at work, and I get an email promotion from this clothing/screenprinting company. I open it and in one of the thumbnails promoting their screenprinting service, I see my design of a fraternity recruitment shirt. They probably have this from back when we were printing them and I sent them a comp for a quote. Now, this obviously doesn't give them any right to use it. We didn't even print through them. I also checked to make sure I didn't agree to their use through some shady agreement when I sent it in, but it was through email with nothing such stated. Question is – how much do I charge them? I was going to email them explaining the situation and attaching an invoice. I think I have a connection that's a lawyer, so I don't know if it could help if he emailed them if I don't get an answer. However, it seems a bit over the top for a first notice, even though this is a copyright claim.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 06, 2017 at 02:45PM by Philuppus http://ift.tt/2f3LUfn

No comments:

Post a Comment