Friday 13 July 2018

[Advice Needed] Asked to Design Website for my Agency

Context: I joined a marketing agency straight out of college as a graphic designer. It's my first graphic design job and when I came onto the team I worked under a creative director, who has since been let go. It is a team of only 7 people and I am the only designer.

I have been tasked with redesigning our website and I am feeling pretty lost. The CEO wants me to start with the portfolio page and, having not yet designed the home page, I do not really know how to attack it. I have a lot of really great ideas that mostly feel too edgy for our company but when I go to make something that is more low key, I end up feeling like I should show the CEO something bolder. I have only designed one other website from the ground up and am very proud of how it came out (has not yet been programmed). I am somewhat confident in my abilities as a designer, even if it doesn't seem like I should be based on my post history. I have spent the past few days scrolling through tons of agency portfolio pages, which has, in some ways, made me feel even more lost...

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach a project like this? Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 13, 2018 at 04:47PM by LadyChickenFingers https://ift.tt/2zCJzET

No comments:

Post a Comment