Monday 8 May 2017

Advice please - Updating from AdobeCC 2014 - studio of ~40 designers

Hi /r/design, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.

I'm defacto tech support for a medium sized design studio that currently uses AdobeCC 2014. We've paid for updates since we got CC, but never updated for reasons of compatibility (if it ain't broke etc etc). Recently, we've had issues where we can't work with .idd files made in CC2016 and have to faff about with IDML files, which designers don't really like doing.

I'm not a designer myself, so I don't really know my arse from my elbow when it comes to pros and cons of the functionality of newer versions of CC. But my gut tells me we need to update, at least partially.

Do I install an older version, say, 2016? or do I go right up to date? Will this cause the same compatibility issues in reverse (Where clients and colleagues can't open things that we send them?)

Any advice wholeheartedly and graciously received.

Many thanks,



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 08, 2017 at 01:16PM by oliverwinton http://ift.tt/2pY6VMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment