Wednesday 3 May 2017

Color Theory: How would I make this physical item appear black, yet allow as much light through as possible?

I have a calculator-like solar cell that I want to appear black by placing some kind of filter on the front. I would like to make the white lines less apparent, and the brown a darker color. My only option is placing some kind of transparent filter on the front.

How would I go about thinking through this problem, and the color I would use? I was hoping there was a more mathematical way to solve this problem, such as "Well, if you put a green filter on the front, it would look more black". My concern is that placing a green gel on front... isn't that a band-pass filter and it only allows green to get to my solar cell? That is horribly inefficient... Any thoughts or ideas?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 03, 2017 at 06:56PM by EngineerVsMBA http://ift.tt/2pxKBuH

No comments:

Post a Comment