Friday 29 January 2016

Confused.. help with grunt / wordpress / xampp please!

I've made a generator/webapp with yeoman, I can run this on localhost:9000 with grunt and everything is fine.

I've installed wordpress to use as a CMS in the same /app/ folder and can get that to run fine with xampp on /localhost/[project]/app/ ..and I think it's linked to my index.html file correctly (changed it to .php and added a template tag at the start which the wp-admin page recognises).

The problem is that I can't figure out make grunt work in the new wordpress setup. I know I need to change it from localhost port: 9000 to something else... I think this is because xampp is now the server and the 'grunt serve' command is trying to make another pseudo-server which is running along side? I really don't get it tbh..

Can I make grunt just process SASS and not try to run a server? What problems will there be generating the /dist/ folder now I've added the wordpress stuff?

Been at this for days now and I feel like I'm just digging a deeper hole :/

edit: I'm starting to think it might be easier to design the site from my yeoman generator offline, create the /dist/, upload that and then start to add the wordpress cms. If that's a good idea any advice would be appreciated.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted January 30, 2016 at 03:19AM by 0033CC http://ift.tt/1Vwlpfa

No comments:

Post a Comment