Friday 29 January 2016

Need to make a image gallery on Wordpress using only html and CSS.

I am making an image gallery for an event for my work. I've been instructed not to install any add-ons to word press because it introduces vectors for an adversary to attack the site. I guess I could use JS, but I'd rather use CSS and html only if possible..

The image gallery is of "past events" with about 50 images. What I've done to simply display them is set a wrapper div "gallery" with individual divs that hold the images, each set to 25%, floated left. That looks really good to me, but I would like the option to click to enlarge the image, and add a forward and backward button once it's enlarged.

My issues: 1: the pseudo class :active only works while the mouse button is clicked, is there a way (using only CSS or html) to have a click change the state until there is another click?

2: I made some headway by using the :active pseudo class and change the size of the div that holds the image. the problem with that is that because the div floats left, when i change the size, it moves all the other "tiles" ..

Any ideas how to fix these issues or change it entirely to do what I'm trying to do?



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted January 29, 2016 at 03:58PM by livingshangrila http://ift.tt/1ZYGVdB

No comments:

Post a Comment