Friday 29 January 2016

Not sure how to handle the reposting of an image from my website... advice needed

I have my personal site which is a Wordpress installation and I occasionally post blog articles. My site is very small, gets probably under ten visits per month (hard to tell with referral spam mucking my analytics).

Anyway, it came to my attention that someone on the internet made a comment on some blog, and they embedded in their comment a picture that I host on my website.

I'm not sure how concerned I should be about this... it seems to me a bit like 'stealing' my bandwidth. Whenever someone visits that other blog, and my picture loads, that counts against my bandwidth even though I didn't get a page view. Admittedly, at this level it's not that big of a deal, but should this happen on a larger scale, it could be a problem.

What should I do about this, if anything? Thanks!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted January 29, 2016 at 09:27PM by styder_hiru http://ift.tt/1Vw4lWB

No comments:

Post a Comment