Saturday 27 February 2016

Are there CMS platforms (or other) that would work well for a user community / networking website, with the addition of some workflow management of messages?

My basic question is Buy vs Build, is there a platform I can buy and configure to meet this need?

I want what is essentially a specialized user community / networking website.

Users need the ability to have profiles, update their profile, add a portfolio of photos, videos, search profiles & metadata, message each other, and track who has viewed them, who is on a "friends" list, etc....

I also need the ability for the user to request that a message is audited as it is sent, and then have it intercepted and sent for an audit process before they are delivered to the recipient.

I would need the ability for our audit user(s) to login, and basically work through a queue of those messages waiting to be reviewed. (with some additional configuration, but this is the basic need)

I would also need to integrate to some google APIs, but I assume this is not a big deal for most platforms to build some plugins for custom content where needed.

I'm going to guess there might be some CMS or other platforms available that could easily be configured around this type of usage, without having to build it entirely from scratch - I just don't know the world of possibilities...

Initial user load would be around 100 users, but eventually the site would need to scale to approx 100,000 users.

I have used Joomla / Mambo in the past, but my personal expertise is in enterprise scale system architecture and not web design....

At this point, this is all conceptual and it's not like I have a real business / community ready to go, otherwise I'd just pay someone to sort this all out :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right directions guys.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted February 28, 2016 at 06:04AM by -liveandlearn- http://ift.tt/1Uryh8d

No comments:

Post a Comment