Monday 29 February 2016

CS major/web developer looking to be more of a designer! Are there classes I can take? Which?

Hi! I'm about to graduate in May with a CS degree and work as a web dev for a custom T shirt company. I love web dev, but I have always appreciated great design! I have played around a bit with Adobe CS and Sketch and made a few little sites of my own. But I feel like I want to know the principles behind web design to make better designs, and have assignments to force me to make things and give me ideas/inspiration, and feedback on my designs.

Does anyone know of a great design school? Or classes I could take? I've looked at a few graduate programs, however, it seems a lot of them want you to already have a design background from undergraduate.

I know there are a lot of online resources for learning, but are there any good classes for someone who learns a lot better when being taught in person? I'm also looking for specific feedback to help improve my designs! (It's like I know my designs don't look right, but I don't know why)

I would love to take classes to learn in a more systematic way. Is this totally unrealistic? Should I just stick to self-study and use the abundance of online resources?



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted February 29, 2016 at 06:40PM by ch0xi http://ift.tt/24xm5XZ

No comments:

Post a Comment