Sunday 28 February 2016

I want to build an opensource SASS/CSS framework from the ground up, I'm looking for interested designers and developers! [x-post /r/webdev]

Hey everyone!

I've decided that I wanna build an open-source frontend framework from the ground up.

There's just one problem, I can't really design.

I have tons of knowledge about SASS/CSS, Gulp, Git, Release Schedules, Bower and NPM, Extensive Documentation, Test Driven Development and what not, but I don't really have any direction for how I want the framework to look. Ideally, I'd love to get a group of people together to help improve each other's skills while working on the project. I think it'd be cool to spend a few hours on skype or something a week and see where it goes from there.

I'm additionally thinking about streaming whatever skype sessions we do on Twitch/posting the videos on youtube so that anyone who just wants to keep up with the idea can follow along.

I don't know if there are any newbies or hardened webdev/design/frontend/ui veterans out there who are interested in honing or showing off their skills, but I thought it might be a cool thing for some of us webdevs to mess around with for fun. I don't expect this to become the next Bootstrap or anything, but at the very least it would be a fun learning/teaching experience for everyone involved.

A bit of background, I'm chiefly a backend developer, mainly working in PHP in the Magento and Laravel space. I've been working for a company for a year or two now, and figured it was high time that I really flesh out and hone my frontend skills a little more. I got the idea from the Materialize team. I was looking back at some of their old commits, and the idea of getting a group of devs together for something like this intrigued me.

If you got this far thanks for reading!

Here's the link to the repo currently Sketch

Cheers, damienwebdev

TLDR; Lets make a frontend framework :)



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted February 28, 2016 at 09:13PM by damienwebdev http://ift.tt/1QdZzMk

No comments:

Post a Comment