Saturday 2 January 2016

2 brother team with questions regarding to starting our own agency one day

My younger brother and I have been considering getting into web/graphic design & development for a couple of months now and we hope to get informed to start off as effectively as possible.

We're 25 and 17. I, 25, have a degree in interactive design and have a year experience in an online marketing agency mostly doing web design and social media work. I'm currently in college studying communications and media.

My younger brother has no experience with design and coding at all but is interested in picking up coding and might do some coding related study when he starts college next year.

I was thinking to specialize in graphic & web design, be the front end guy, and have him learn the coding, development & be the back end guy to be an effective 2 man team.

Things like UX, SEO and eventually social media are things I'm aware of but will become points of interest once we've got a solid base of skills.

We want to give ourselves half a year to a year to become good enough and start working for clients. Our goal is to start our own agency one day, probably in about 4 to 5 years when we've both graduated.

Altho I'm familiar with the basics of most things I want to make sure we start out as effective as possible and that's where I lean towards you guys. Could you please inform us about with what we should start?

Should I tell my younger brother to start with html and css and learn CMS inside out and then work towards creating his own CMS? Should I learn Photoshop and Illustrator inside out and focus on following webdesign trends? Do I, as the designer, learn html and css or is that not necessary? Or should I even learn more than just html and css? Does my brother want to focus on things like Java asap or is that step 2 or even 3?

I just really want to start off as effectively as possible to the learning phase and make sure we both learn the right things.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted January 03, 2016 at 01:16AM by Whitelips http://ift.tt/1P8H0pv

No comments:

Post a Comment