Monday 4 January 2016

What do you call the technique where a quantity is entered into a form and the form creates the respective line items? (image in comments)

I am not a web developer by trade, but a Process Engineer. I was asked to wire frame a form for customers to use based on a process that I created for ordering.

Here is a sketch of what I want, but I cannot recall what this form technique is called.

The user enters a quantity and the respective line items show up below that. For example, if the user enters 3 for the quantity, the form dynamically creates 3 new line items below it. I do not want to have the user enter the number, hit "next" and the line items show up; needs to show up after the input has been entered. I do understand that some javascripting will have to happen.

I have used forms in the past that does this and it is positively one of the better techniques I have seen and would love to have this implemented in the form.

I have tried googling around the description of what I want the form to do, but no luck finding the name of this technique.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted January 04, 2016 at 03:21PM by shifty21 http://ift.tt/1IMGz7E

No comments:

Post a Comment