Wednesday 30 December 2015

FYI there is a good open source Ad Blocker type program out there: uBlock Origin

Posted here to offer "useful insight" as the sidebar puts it. If you're into the web I suspect you might like this.

Reading Smashing Magazine's latest Web Development Reading List #118 they mentioned AdBlock Plus isn't completely independent and recommended an open source solution that is fast and lightweight called uBlock Origin.

Anyways I'm trying it out and it looks great. Whether you care about AdBlock Plus or not it looks good so far after a day's use.

Here's the page on Git which has some good info, and a link to their Reddit sub: /r/ublock/

Hoping this blocks Youtube ads on my Android tablet too. I don't have a lot of experience with this program but what I see so far I wanted to share. Good luck!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted December 30, 2015 at 09:53AM by specialk45 http://ift.tt/1IDf947

No comments:

Post a Comment