Tuesday 29 December 2015

I'm stuck and I need your advice. I work at a school and we don't know which type of site to make

Hi guys. First off, thanks a ton for any advice you give. I hate to bother for such a small thing, but my brain's melting at htis point.

Long story short, I work for an academy and we want to make a website. Our main goal is to list our English lessons for free on the internet. We want tutors, other schools, anyone to print our lessons and use them. Our secondary goal is to provide daily blog posts abotu our teachers (we're an English school in an Asian country, and our teachers are kinda local 'personalities').

I guess we've narrowed down our site choices to an "online school" format, kinda like this:

http://ift.tt/1mOmQuj

Or a normal blog. Like this:

http://ift.tt/1QbNNUW

They both have their pros and cons, in my opinion.

The 'online school' has our lesson content up front and center, which would be awesome for anyone wanting to use oru lessons. It also streamlines how our lessons should be consumed.

The normal blog is great looking, and it allows us to post our lessons/content in an intuitive, easy to read manner. BUT... i still want people to be able to navigate through our lessons in a structured way. The normal blog homepage will just be all the content hobbled together according to published date. The only way people could navigate through our lessons would be via the navigation menu... which isn't ideal.

I want them to have a massive Call to Action on the homepage to go to our LESSONS page, then from there, navigate through each course.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your insight. I only know how to customize WP themes... and only a bit. So if you have any great alternatives, I'd love to know.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted December 29, 2015 at 05:21PM by WinterSolgia http://ift.tt/1YQ41CO

No comments:

Post a Comment