Wednesday 23 December 2015

Help me wrap my head around a printer's request...

I was hired to do some labels that will be wrapped around a bottle. I was given no restrictions in regards to it other than the content and the size.

I designed a label that utilizes a few gradients and various colors in Illustrator and set it on it's way.

The client keeps telling me the printer is asking for spot colors. Now...I did not design this with spot colors in mind. At this point, it WOULD be using 8 different spot colors and we'd lose the gradients (unless I tint / shade)...

I keep asking the client why they're not doing a 4-color print run to no avail, they just keep barking at me to give them spot colors. O_O ....am I taking crazy pills? Is there something I'm overlooking here...



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 24, 2015 at 01:42AM by Shell_Execute http://ift.tt/1QXSksN

No comments:

Post a Comment