Saturday 28 November 2015

Considering getting into local web design/advertising/marketing etc..

I've been doing this online for myself for years, I'm not sure why it didnt hit me until a few days ago to do this locally. Services I feel as if I could confidently offer (and do well with): Web creation and design, SEO, reputation management (making sure they have great reviews on google), and maybe some other types of advertising.

I live in a small town, but not too small. There's tons of small businesses here. Lots of lawyers, doctors, dentists, and other types of family-owned businesses. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, or known anyone who has done this, and how did it go?

I have done these services for people in the past, but not exactly as a business or a real stream of income. I feel like most local businesses dont want some kind of cutting edge website with a complicated theme, they just want it to be simple, functional, and convey their info and services.

Any pointers, tips, advice, maybe warnings before going into this? Right now it's just a thought I'm playing around with, but I'm not sure how practical it is since I've never done web design on a "commercial" scale, so to speak. I imagine most local business would look up "local web design", "<city here> web design", etc. But for all I know most places just have it done by large companies. I planned to contact most people via e-mail or actual, physical mail, along with having a web presence of course.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 29, 2015 at 05:57AM by BisonPuncher http://ift.tt/1Xoz6SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment