Monday 30 November 2015

I'm about to dip my toe in the waters of freelance webdesign, and I have a few questions before I dive in...

Hey there! Like the title says, I'm about to get into freelance webdesign. I'm 17, and so far I've created one website, which is here, just in case you'd like to check it out (Took me roughly 6 or 7 hours to make). I'll be using Hover as my domain service, and Squarespace (For now at least) as my hosting service. My questions here are as follows:

  1. Are my choices for domain and hosting good/bad? Should I need to, what other services should I use instead?

  2. Biggest obstacle I'll have to face in web design as a whole and/or as a freelance web designer?

  3. What should my pricing be for the average website?

  4. Are there any other services I should use for payment (ATM I'll be using PayPal), project organization, time management, etc?

  5. Should I set up contracts in person, over the phone, online, etc?

  6. Should I include my first website on my portfolio?

  7. What are common mistakes an entry level freelance web designer will make, and how do I avoid making those mistakes?

  8. Will Squarespace be ok for me to use until I learn the necessary coding languages, or is there something better that I could use to design websites?

  9. Any other tips/tricks I should know before I jump in?

Any/all responses are greatly appreciated! I'm really excited to get into this, as I've seen how much the average website sells for which, at 17, is FANTASTIC money. Plus, it's something I truly enjoy doing, and hopefully could become a career of mine :) Thanks again!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted December 01, 2015 at 06:33AM by HplusGaming http://ift.tt/1IypB7j

No comments:

Post a Comment