Monday 30 November 2015

Why are design concepts often so far from most real designs?

Sorry for the bad title, but I just can't describe this really well in a short sentence. What I mean by this is the typical "dribbble" style of design, it looks modern, somewhat futuristic. There's flat design and a lot of whitespace everywhere, in my opinion that is what most web designers see as good design as long as it is not resembling Material design too much (which in my opinion is becoming very boring).

A good example to show what I mean is this 100 days UI inspiration / showcase. This type of design is very popular among design concepts, but not in the real world. What's up with that?

I know there are some popular companies that do often use a similar style (Duolingo, Spotify, Airbnb), but those seem to be the exception and it's barely comparable. Prove me wrong, though!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 30, 2015 at 07:30PM by Bobgle http://ift.tt/1OqZRQy

No comments:

Post a Comment