Sunday 29 November 2015

Should I take on a job I'm not certain I can do?

A longtime family friend works for a company which needs a redesign, and he knows I've decided to pursue web design, so he put in a good word for me and they're expecting my portfolio. Problem is, while I've been messing around with websites for years, I only decided to dedicate myself to it a few months ago, and I'm...I'm good, but not big-important-company thousands-of-pageviews-a-month good, by a long shot. (I know thousands/month isn't really 'big and important' but keep in mind I'm 21 and still often go days without doing dishes. I usually do little 5-page portolios for friends)

He's already recommended me, though, and I don't want to let him down where he's already extended his neck for me! Also, part of me wants to rise to this challenge and meet it - how hard can it be to teach myself in time? I have free time and access to the internet! I could conceivably teach myself what I need to know and put together a matching portfolio in a caffeinated haze of a week.

Any advice really appreciated. I feel like a cartoon character who's about to look down and discover they've ran off a cliff.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 30, 2015 at 04:13AM by yeahnopenono http://ift.tt/1TmnFVK

No comments:

Post a Comment