Sunday 29 November 2015

Help getting consistent colors across windows & mac computers - Whats your technique or monitor suggestion?

Trying to get consistent colors has been an ongoing challenge for me so I wanted to see if any of you guys had an monitor recommendations or color setting tweaks that could help. At work I work off an iMac and at home I work off my windows 10 gaming rig. The problem is I feel like I've never been able to trust my windows machine's colors. I feel like I've tried tweaking the windows calibration tool & the actual monitor setting hundreds of times but the colors never feel right. 90% of the stuff I make is meant to be digital so I'm more worried about how it looks on screen than a print out. Most of the time if I start something on my windows computer and open it on my work Mac the contrast seems way low and the color shift isn't right. With that in mind I've tried correcting it with settings but they never seem to match up to how the images look on my iMac / iPhone / iPad.

I feel like my monitor is middle of the road on quality its a ASUS VE247H: http://ift.tt/1XqQOVJ I'm starting to shop around for a new home monitor so if you guys have experience with any monitors that have a very consistent look to an iMac I would love your suggestions. Bonus points if they're also good for gaming, but I'm not as picky about that.

I would also love to hear any tips & tricks you all might have for color calibrating windows computers.

Happy designing!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 30, 2015 at 06:02AM by lueetan http://ift.tt/1Iu1zdH

No comments:

Post a Comment