Saturday 28 November 2015

Wanting to create a personal website with a CMS like wordpress, but requiring a password or login to access it...

Hi there everyone; disclaimer: I'm completely new to this sub and I'm long removed from web design. I made my own websites up until 2003, so much has no doubt changed and I'm more or less a total beginner again.

And at the moment, I'm just hoping to create a sort of personal blog so friends and family can follow my experiences living in Hawaii when I move there in the spring. Thing is, while I know a system like wordpress is probably good enough for all that, I would kind of like to keep my blogs private, maybe using a password or login screen that I could give to family members, so they could access my blogs and pictures. I've used wordpress before, but I never really saw an option like this; maybe it's included now, but wasn't before I suppose.

Anywho, I was wondering if anyone here could be so kind as to help me figure out what steps to take to do this, OR if there is a CMS that already allows you to include this option into the website, I'd love any recommendations.

Lastly, I do apologize if this is the wrong sub or if my question is not appropriate. I went over the rules, but if I'm in the wrong, I apologize.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 29, 2015 at 12:26AM by Hahahahaoh http://ift.tt/1XzxtMM

No comments:

Post a Comment