Monday 30 November 2015

The "non-existing" glue between frontend and backend developers.

I’ve recently started as a web-developer (backend) at a Company, pretty big to be a web agency, however I found out that the communication between backend and frontend developers is kind of “bad” sadly… For an example last week:

I jumped in to a project as “Frontend support” (we’re about 1 month before release) and like I said I’m usually a backend developer with a lot of knowledge in the frontend part.. And all of our frontend developers running OSX ("weird huh?”) and I’m running Windows. There’s the first problem, they was using CodeKit to serve sass/less/scss/kit files (or whatever they used) and I know that I can’t serve .kit files on my windows machine without ex. NodeJS&Gulp/Grunt, which is not surprising.

Then the question hit me, “How should we do this, I mean the front-end developers should not have to sit and write code in Visual Studio while the back-end developers want Visual Studio and would like to avoid NodeJS + gulp / grunt etc.”

So to improve this I’ve “kind of took the role” and make sure it happens, so if you want, you are welcome to share your knowledge of this and how to make the "linkage" between the front-end developer and backend developers better, I mean. Say we are two days before the “release-day”, and the customer says “but we want this button red instead of blue”, then it should (technically) be possible for our backend developers “in a smooth way” to go in and change a less / sass file without having to run a hell of a lot of extensions, right?

Sharing is caring, peace! <3



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 30, 2015 at 04:57PM by bobbaan http://ift.tt/1Ik3ir0

No comments:

Post a Comment