Saturday 28 November 2015

Looking to start a career within web design - where do I start?

Apologies if this has been posted numerous of times already, and for my sappy sob story.

I graduated from an art degree a few years ago, but because I didn’t know what I wanted to do at that time and I seem to have lacked any skills, experience and portfolio for any kind of creative professional jobs (not to mention the competitiveness of it all)… I ended up taking shitty jobs because I needed a job and I was pressured by family (who discouraged me to go down the creative path). After this year working in a field I am totally unsuitable for causing me great anxiety… I realised I can’t keep doing this to myself, and live a life working against myself. I want to return back to the creative field where my talent lies.

I have always been interested in designs and layouts. Which was always why I thought web design would be the perfect career for me. I have dabbled in html and css as a teenager (don’t we all). But I have always been so afraid and intimidated to start learning web design properly because I really do not want to pick up bad habits as well as learning the wrong things with there being so many different self-teaching sites/videos/books etc. Not to mention I honestly don’t know where to start and get to the point where I am building portfolios. Can anyone suggest some ideas or a brief guidelines to this confused individual? I would very much appreciate it.

So far I was planning to buy a book called HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites by Jon Puckett, and use the Treehouse website. But that's about it...



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted November 28, 2015 at 11:58AM by Ritona http://ift.tt/1NhuBCT

No comments:

Post a Comment