Saturday, 19 December 2015

Do you negotiate contract terms?

Hi everyone,

I've been working at a decent sized advertising agency for the last year and a have. My role includes building sites for large businesses from scratch (html5, css3, javascript/jquery, php, mysql), responsive email/marketing, accessibility, media screens, and banner advertisements as well from scratch with html5 and css3 animations.

I have been on contract with no benefits for the last year and a half at 45k salary. I was told they usually hire new staff full-time after 1 year on contract, which would have been in septemeber. In septemeber when I asked about a raise/benefits I was told if I waited until end of december they would be able to get me a higher rate.

Well.. just this week my boss dropped off my new contract terms and it's for 47.5k. A 2500 increase and benefits. I don't know if this is a low salary for web developers or if I am being greedy? I love the company and the staff are all great.

I have two diploma's, one in web design, development and maintenance and another in business marketing. I feel 22/hr is quite low with the amount of constant knowledge and learning required to be a web developer.

It even states in the contract I cannot do any other work outside of the company. How do you guys negotiate salary/contracts?

Sorry if this is a bad place to post this, I have always read good career advice posted in the comments on this sub.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted December 19, 2015 at 07:03PM by Designeper http://ift.tt/1PgZOao

No comments:

Post a Comment